Importer of Record Services
What is an Importer of Record (IOR)?
The legal entity bearing the regulatory, legal and financial risks associated with importing technical equipment & IT infrastructure into a foreign country.
How can IOR services help my business?
IOR services can open international markets for you, whether you are an MSP, VAR, or company buying your IT hardware & technical gear directly. In other words, IOR Services can help you get the gear you need, where you need it, faster than buying it locally.
Click here to view when an IOR service may be useful:
- For example: you or your client is setting up a local business, but needs the shipment to arrive before it's fully formed
- For example: you or your client only has a data center presence in the destination country
- For example: countries like Brazil require local businesses to register as a formal importer
- For example: countries like China require special authorizations in order for a registered business to legally import technology hardware
- For example: you or your client are not able to sign a customs Power of Attorney (POA) in the destination country
- For example: you or your client has a tax strategy or wishes to avoid nexus in the destination country
You are shipping to a recipient that does not have a registered business in the destination country
You are shipping to a recipient who has a registered business, but this business is not authorized to import technology hardware
You are shipping to a recipient who does not want to be listed as the importer of record
How much does it cost?
The IOR cost varies based on destination but is typically a percentage of the total shipment value. To get a quote for one or more destinations, click the orange button.